How to apply for a Ration Card Online
Apply for a Ration Card Online: Ration Card is an identity proof of citizenship in India that the Public Distribution System provides for food entitlement and necessary provisions at fair rates. Ration Card is among the most coveted ID proofs/documents for the citizenship of everybody in India after Aadhaar Card. Proof of this ID is issued and validated by the state government. Anyone who is a valid Indian citizen can use a self-sufficient ration card via simple procedures. Here’s how you can apply online for a Ration Card.
Who can apply?
Anyone who is a legal Indian citizen may only apply for the Ration Card. Under the law, children under the age of 18 (minors) are included in the ration card of their parents. A person can, however, apply for a separate Ration Card once they are over the age of 18.
Types of Ration Cards:
There are two types of ration cards. The ration cards Below Poverty-Line (BPL) and the ration cards which are not BPL. Blue/Yellow/Green/Red Ration cards are available in the BPL ration card type, divided by colors depending on the access to different food, fuel, and other goods subsidies. White Ration cards are provided for those living above the poverty line.
Steps to apply for Ration Card Online:
For example, the URL will be http://mahafood.gov.in if you are to apply in Maharastra(similary, those who belong to other have to visit their state government website or take the google assistance).
Follow the steps
- Go to aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in website and sign in with your details
- Scroll down, and in the Services column, click on Food & Public Distribution System
- Upload the necessary documents in PDF format and click on Apply
- Continue the procedure of filling the form
- Download and take a print of the e-coupon of the ration card
Steps to check e-coupon status:
After the application is submitted, the applicant may check the status of the application online. A user needs to follow these simple steps below to check the online status of the ration card or the e-coupon application.
- Go to the official website http://mahafood.gov.in
- Click on “Transparency Portal” link
- Then click on the Allocation Generation Status” link
- Proceed further upon entering the ration card details
- Finally, the application status will appear
Source – businessleague
To get More Updates keep visiting – www.findandgo.in